One to One Yoga for Pregnancy.
Yoga is a great way to feel more in tune with your body during your pregnancy.
You can start pregnancy yoga at any stage and continue to practice right through your full term. If you are currently trying for a baby you are also welcome to start yoga lessons.
Your practice would evolve depending on the stage of your pregnancy and what you are hoping to achieve from practicing. Postures will be adapted to meet both your and the baby’s needs.
How Yoga Can Help During Pregnancy
Practicing pregnancy yoga can be wonderful. It can help expectant mothers:
- Prepare for and integrate the process of change pregnancy brings
- To develop strength and flexibility in a gentle non-strenuous way
- To raise energy levels, relieve stress and anxiety
- To relieve common minor ailments sometimes experienced during pregnancy such as
backache, swollen joints and heartburn
- To prepare the body and mind for the demands of labour
- To use the breath as a tool for relaxation and again in preparation for labour
I started yoga with Beth in the early stages of pregnancy. I find her lessons help me rebalance both physically and mentally. Beth always takes time at the start of a session to enquire as to how my pregnancy is progressing and will suggest adjustments to the postures and practice if required. I always enjoy learning more about yoga as it allows me to refine my movements in order to maximise my yoga practice. Beth is excellent at explaining the benefits of the different postures, movements and breathing techniques.Sian Thomas